Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Artists frequently find themselves in a position of being called upon to be the attraction at an event, to liven up a wine tasting, fundraiser etc. There is nothing wrong with it, and it is great for everyone. A great use of imagination in marketing. I was doing a demonstration at an event for the Cultural Center of Ponte Vedra Beach , Florida. The event was a fundraiser for them, and was to be held a the Casa Marina Hotel. Unfortunately for me I set up as predetermined outside on the patio. The weather turned windy and cold as the night progressed ( cold by Florida standards!) . Everyone that attended ended up at the wine bar (big surprise) and I was hammering away at the watercolor in the wind, with a few brave souls coming out to see me as I worked. At first I thought "What a bust!" but I decided to perservere, and get on with it. I started with a get it done and over with" attitude. As I got deeper into the watercolor though a transformation took place, I warmed up in spite of the wind, to the idea of getting this right under duress. It actually made me swift of stroke and edit to the point. I believe the watercolor was a success after all and I was proud and satisfied when finished and soon enough joined the others to drink and eat til full. The weather forced me to get too the point and it was an unforseen blessing. The point of the story is that great gifts can come in what seems to be disaster! Apply that lesson wherever you will, in life or in painting!
Cheers to art and passion.
Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...