Sunday, March 20, 2011

When realism crosses over to abstraction


These paintings called Ensemble in Golds and Silvers, crosses the boundary of abstraction and contemporary realism. In this my goal was to utilize the techniques of sumi-e and other contemporary artists such as Helen Frankenthaler of the Color Field movement. The area around Ft George and Talbot Island are my favorite haunts for marshes and driftwood subject matter. I enjoy exploring the effects of primordial forces of time on the earth and its subjects.

1 comment:

  1. I went to driftwood beach on Jekyll Island. It was beautiful! Definitely going back at a different time of day to get different colors! I can send pics if you'd like to see. Maybe I will try one for next painting. Hopefully not too difficult to tackle!

    ReplyDelete

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...