Here are the steps I used to arrive at my first example.
1. First I used a fan brush and laid the masking fluid in with no pencil drawing necessary,. Just use the corner of the fan brush , stay loose!
- 2. After the Windsor Newton masking fluid is placed and dried, I wash over the paper with cadmium yellow in the center and progress to the outsides adding purples , two purples, one leaning blue, one leaning red.
- 3. Then I start increasing wet into wet washes of other colors such as chrome green, cerulean or horizon blues blue greens, burnt sienna's, letting them intermix.
- 4. I started adding more and more color, then finally salt for a bit of texture, but not everywhere.
5. Then I wait till it dries, pat up excess paint from the surface of the masking fluid, and rub off the mask with a rubber cement eraser.