Sunday, February 23, 2020

A Beach Scene Watercolor Step by Step

At Reddi Arts I demonstrated another beach scene in watercolor.  I try to make the steps simple , and understandable.  So here they are:  Below is the final result now examine the steps...


 Start with the drawing, simple and loose, and mask 
for light areas that you want the sun to hit.

 I like to work top down, so after using masking fluid 
to protect the whites, start with blues and light purples 
to do the cool areas.



 Go more for larger color areas, stay away 
from small details until near the end.  
Go for luminosity and range of values.

Scroll right to see the larger details on this final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...