Friday, January 21, 2011

Watercolor Lesson: Basic Principles of Landscape2



Again I took todays students from the sphere exercise ( as seen on a previous post in November) and moved to the basic landscape exercise. It is designed to show how the principles of light falling on a simple object like a sphere translate to something more complex like a landscape. The difference of course is composition and arrangement, so I had to touch on Composition and the Rule of Thirds. The sketch I show here is my version of a made up landscape, but each student did a version of their own which we will paint later. I did this painting demo at Reddi Arts, rapidly within 45 minutes or less, but consider just a sketch, to get what I would ideally want in terms of perfect highlights and color control, I would need to work more carefully and slowly. I was running out of time and had to race through the demo at breakneck speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...