Monday, June 13, 2016

Laying in the Initial Color

When starting a large mural, such as this small part of a dining room, I am often struck by how exciting (the possibilities) and terrifying (the possibilities). It can give you pause, to meditate on what you are undertaking.  I'm a finisher, but in order to finish I need to start!  Tackling a key piece, an "anchor" element, such as this sculpted pot, helps me get in the flow of the paint, so I can build a world around it, surf this big wave in.  I start with this because I don't have to think too much, just to get light, shadow and tone in blue, polishing it to classically form the work to be both dream and believable.  Let me share the process here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...