Monday, June 13, 2016

Learning, Fun, and Inspiration



I have learned from teaching children, that remembering the element of fun is an important feature of learning. When we are not enjoying the process, we tend to close down, trudge forward reluctantly, and absorb little. More importantly we don't make the connections we need to apply what we learn to our whole life. Art imitates life, but first we have to live! Here I am (upon request) drumming, as I often do to a tune I love, on a variety of paint cans to get in the mood. Drumming to is an art form. Sometimes I get too caught up in the art of making art to sell, and want to distance myself from that motivator. Drumming is what I use to "get me in the zone" ! The kids seem to love it as well. What gets you in the zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...