Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Poem as Artist Statement/ Narrative



I am a mighty oak, but nothing if not a fool,
Still watching, and waiting, trying to keep my cool,
To try hard to forget an unpeaceful past,
Questioning I ask “why doesnt anything last?”
My tired body frame beaten by time,
Grand oak etched and reduced to a rythm and line
Hypnotic music reverberates inside me
Rocking a symphony in my soul sea,
Waves of emotion pass through my core,
Locked in my body on the beach floor,
Darkness banishes an ignorant world,
Watercolor surf pounds a wave hurled
On white weathered melody of winds’ circumstance,
So many stars, truths uncovered by chance,
A wave, a shadow, a mind now unfettered
Pregnant with memories, old friends remembered,
Promising love, promising ten thousand things,
I’m still waiting for the wisdom bell ring,
Relations, unfolding, soulmates thought sharing
Promises of hope, trust and much caring
An ocean of mind, bold sunset and storm
Wind, waves wood, all emotions reborn,
A word passes for truth, all ego is vanity
Shadows and dust, changing, challenging sanity,
Wood is my moment, and wind is ethereal
A wave like ten thosuand before it, eternal,
Deaths’ lessons bring a message much hollow,
Still, watching, I wait, for wisdom to follow,
Footprints are covered, my trail is forgotten
My wood is eternal, I am not yet rotten
I’ll be here tomorrow, and probably more,
Silently watching your memories as you pass by the shore.
-Gordon Meggison IV-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...