Sunday, May 17, 2020

Laying in the Surf!

I am not finished yet, but I am posting the stages of progress.  Even I don't know how this will turn out, that's the risk and the adventure!
In this post I am giving you a lot of time on the video to watch the strokes as I build the water and surf details.  There is a lot of layering, using glaze liquid in my acrylic to slowly build the depth.  as I go I add more white to the foam color, but start with pale blue, or warm raw sienna, white and glaze , so that there is a sense of roundness.  If I just put white down it is too harsh and looks campy and fake.

I tend to use a larger brush with lots of glaze and extender to make the paint fluid and flow right off the brush.  The larger flat, holds more paint and I can change my angles to the brush to achieve different effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...