Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Oil Students Succeed!




My recent oil painting students, relative beginners, turned out to be great listeners and very quickly the techniques. First we loosened up with a paper sketch to get a feel for composition. Then we employed my favorite starting method of laying in a preliminary tonal wash on the canvas board, then doing the drawing direct onto the canvas using the tick mark method, then "connecting the dots" so to speak. Then by uUsing a little thinner on the brush to carve out highlights, and a thin rich mixture of oil and pigment to create shadows and definition, the painting quickly took shape. Bravo Vinod, and Abhijit! The hard part is over now to add color! That's next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...