Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's About the Light


Sorry for being late posting on this demo for the Reddi Arts class friday. Life can sweep you up sometimes! I love the way this one came out with the light and the reflection, the grasses. Notice the grasses, I employed the negative painting technique. It is where you paint the one object in then paint in between it. Also I painted this one up on an easel which made a new set of challenges! Its all about timing. It's like a dance, once you know the basic steps you can improvise. I was asked in class today at the Cultural Center PV Beach class, why I like the marsh areas around this area. It is as I described about the light, the luminosity that attracts me to this area. The grand open spaces here give me a chance to work on something that I love, that is recognizable, yet simple and luminous, more like a color field than a set of "Objects".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...