Thursday, April 12, 2012

Always Learning on The Run!








From time to time I get invited to go on the Now and Zen charter boat, with my friends Ralph and Leslie. We decided to collaborate on a project together, something fun and energizing, because he is on the boat more than I and has he opportunity to see amazing early morning views of the beautiful north Florida waterways. He recently showed me his photos of some of them, and I was struck by their simple beauty, the mists in the trees and on the water. It occurred too me how very oriental or "Zen" they were, and how much I would like to paint those types of subjects primarily in watercolor. I decided to try some right on the boat (no easy task!) and see how it went. We got up early and set out from Fernandina harbor, and headed toward Jacksonville (an 8 hour trip!) After witnessing and photographing a glorious sunrise and some series of dolphins (we ultimately spotted 10 throughout the trip), I tried a couple of paintings while the boat was moving, so it was a bit frustrating and challenging. I got more of a feeling than a realistic representation of anything in particular. Well here they are. Next time, we decided, we'd pick a location to anchor and wait for the sunrise, and stay put to get one or two good paintings ( hope springs eternal!) In time I will do a show from the photo reference as well, we have loads from this trip and his others, so something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...