Thursday, March 2, 2017

An Italian Dream

My mind lights up when I travel, particularly to Europe,
specifically France and Italy.  Here I take a virtual trip to 
Nesso Italy,  using this photo as a demo to illustrate

 a procedure for capturing the luminous ad dreamlike quality this unique place
represents. This painting is 10" X 16" acrylic on canvas.

I always start with this monochromatic wash that creates 
a halftone of the painting before color is added.  This gives a warm 
under painting , and simplifies the problem solving process.

Then I start blocking in the color choices, using cross hatch strokes 
and cool and warm combinations to work against each other to give 
excitement to the light properties.











Scroll around for detail views of the painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...