Monday, June 8, 2020

San Marco Plein Air - A Rainy Day Start!

How to deal with rainy weather!
 and  a view you can still find and keep on painting.
 

 On my way this morning it was gently raining, a kind of sprinkle, but based on the weather hourly report I expected it to pass soon and become partly cloudy.  So I was gambling.  As my class arrived I assured them the clouds would part and class would continue.  We gathered in the pergola waiting while I covered materials and best practices, and how to get the right attitude and perspective on plein air work.  Keeping an open flexible mind, not too judgemental , fun and adventurous attitude is best.  I know that sounds more like chicken soup for the soul rather than art lessons, but so much of art, good art is based on those principles, more than detail or technique.  Good foundational principals get you to a finished piece faster, but the attitude lies underneath the work, rising at the end like cream to speak ill or well of the effort.  If you are being lazy or are not really interested in the subject, that will show through.  If you are determined , stay loose, have fun, it translates into an enjoyable experience for both you and the viewer.  It can even result in a sale! 
I sold one of the San Marco series already!
I will include a sale price and dimensions on the blog for the original from here on.
"View From The Pergola in San Marco Square on A Rainy Day"
12" X 16" Watercolor on 140lb Arches Cold Pressed paper  
$300.
(Details can be viewed in this enlargement by dragging the mouse over.)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...