Friday, December 17, 2010

Oil Painting Class Materials

The range of quality pigments and brushes can be mind boggling and is all over the place, so I have narrowed this down a bit for you. I have been working all morning till my eyes have gone blurry on what to suggest for the JCA Oil painting class. I will assume that if you have painted before you already have a set of oils. Newcomers to oils may not even know if they will be committed to this enough to continue so naturally you don't want to spend a fortune to test the waters. So here is my basic suggestion for newcomers: go to DickBlick.com for a simple set of
#9152 White Taklon, Set of 5
">5 brushes I have picked them out for you. Then got to Dick Blick.com to get an
Introductory Set of 10 Colors
">introductory oil set border="0"/> for $55. Another choice and cheaper is a complete set
Daler-Rowney Graduate Oil Easel Set
">Daler-Rowney Graduate Oil Easel Set for $35. Also at Dick Blick , my favorite is a Deluxe Oil Painting Set">Gamblin Deluxe Oil Painting Kit with easel, it has everything for $149.99.

If you are shopping locally: Set of white nylons brushes -Flats #12,#4, #2, and rounds Filbert#4,#2, a Whale tale palette knife, Gamblin refined linseed oil, stand oil, Gamblin Gamsol pure odorless mineral spirits, four 8X8" Ray mar Boards to paint on or some canvas boards will do, disposable, a Strathmore paper palette tablet, and a small oil tub and brush cleaning bottle with a coil in it, for thinner, paper towels or rags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Todays Wednesday Custom Art Lessons

 Here are some students engaged each on their own paintings, I help each one at their unique level. Each of my students are amazing creative...